When the cooler temps start to dawn on you, don’t give up your hard earned fitness gains over the warmer months, find a way to keep moving! Here are just five of the simple ways you can do just that.
1. Put an exercise bike in front of the television. Make it hard to do nothing, if you know you should move a little more. Even 15 minutes a day is better than nothing.
2. Be happy with your winter wardrobe. Make sure you have enough warm clothes suitable to exercise in. Go and treat yourself to some new ones if you’re desperate. It sounds obvious but we all have our winter wardrobe faves! So make sure you’re armed to ditch the ‘too cold’ excuse. Moving more and being fitter will be well worth it.
3. Self-talk yourself into it. Tell yourself how much warmer and better you’ll feel once you get moving! Our inner dialogue is everything when it comes to motivation. Keep a tab on it!
4. Know your excuses and have strategies planned to beat them in advance. For example, if you find yourself starting to skip your gym session after work because it’s colder, you might have your gym bag packed on the front seat of your car. Straight after work, it will be right there staring you in the face, making it all the more harder to brush aside.
5. Workout with a partner or group (COVID permitting!). Scheduling an exercise class, joining a team sport or simply walking with a family member will be all the harder to bail out of. The winter battle is real! If you’ve mastered it, keep crushing it!
Share your strategies with us, we’d love to hear them.
‘Goals Make Destiny’
1300 GYM DOC
13 William St Raymond Terrace NSW 2324