A nice big salad can leave us feeling very satisfied but also fresh and light enough to carry on quicky with our next activity.
There are no rules to our salad concoctions, of course – the only limits are our imagination!
Plus, the salad is a great way to load up on a range of vitamins and minerals, whilst keeping any overeating tendancies under control. It’s one thing that is hard to eat too much of!
Here are 10 quick and easy ideas to take your salad creation to the next level.
1. Add a small amount of fruit to sweeten the deal. Berries are especially high in antioxidants.
2. Squeeze a lemon or orange over the top.
3. Mix up the greens – rocket can add a bit of kick, baby spinach is packed with Vitamin K plus corriander can be a real freshener.
4. Add some cheese for a suprise punch of tartness with every
5. Add some extra spice with raw raddish or red or white onion.
6. Add your favourite low carb, low sugar dressing.
7. Increase the omega fats with some extra virgin olive oil.
8. Add a variety of unprocessed meats or seafood.
9. Find a vegetable you haven’t eaten in 3 months and get it in there!
10. Season with salt and pepper.
Have fun, get creative and feel free to share your favourite salad creation in the comments below!
🌿 Destiny Health
🏆 ‘Goals Make Destiny’